Your growing company had the vision to use Agile PLM for managing the product portfolio and critical product data. However, your efforts in managing a Bill of Materials (BOM) structure through periods of growth may have created inconsistency and validity issues of the data in order to keep up with the changes. With compliance requirements, green regulations, new engineering rules, and other changing policies, how can you ensure your BOM remains valid and consistent?
What is it
The PLM XL BOM Validator is a rules-based engine with an easy to understand UI that implements a review of your BOM in the Agile system. Business analysts or engineers create a set of rules against the parent part and the Validator performs a scan and returns a report from the entire BOM structure for the validation rules, without any need for new Process Extensions. Some of the more obvious benefits:
- Reduce human errors and implement effective monitoring of rules and constraints from an independent application
- Validate green regulations, dependency rules, lifecycle statuses, attachments rules
- Reduce the BOM review cycle time and identify engineering product risk early
- Rules based means no writing of expensive and hard to maintain custom code to report on
- Auto start validation on release of an item or user initiated through the Action menu